Work Done 2024

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
460 bucks for that amount is great. I'm hearing we're in for a colder winter this year, we'll see how much colder.

It's always nice when you can have years worth of firewood in your inventory, but it seems like we always want more.
Almost like that unquenchable thirst.

I have heard/read that also about this coming winter. I only have 1.5 cords of 4+ year seasoned stuff, but hoping at least the maple and ash I split this year will be ready if needed.

I have about 4 years worth at the moment id say. Not all seasoned though.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Nothing wood related going on with me yet, still remodeling and moving stuff to the Northwoods. Lots of ticks up there right now. Haven't even logged in here in a couple of weeks.

Just made a deal with family of family for a supposedly hardly used 22t gas splitter for $250. He even got it running and ran a couple of test splits for me. 👍

Once we get moved and settled I need to rebuild our boardwalks, clear a spot for a pole shed, and clean up a bunch of knocked down and dead tree's; besides finishing the rest of the interior of the cabin. And I told the missus I might get a part time job if I can't find any good real estate investment opportunities...

Reactions: thewoodlands
Almost like that unquenchable thirst.

I have heard/read that also about this coming winter. I only have 1.5 cords of 4+ year seasoned stuff, but hoping at least the maple and ash I split this year will be ready if needed.

I have about 4 years worth at the moment id say. Not all seasoned though.
I remember when we finally had three years worth of firewood (based on 12 face cord of hardwood per year) in the inventory, I thought that "wood" make me stop but nope.

And then because we had a bunch of dead pine, I talked the wife into burning softwood, that started out at 6 face cord per year but the bugs keep killing the pines along with some clearing we did for a new garage in 2018 so we upped that to 12 face cord per year....it never ends. ==c

Reactions: MRD1985
Nothing wood related going on with me yet, still remodeling and moving stuff to the Northwoods. Lots of ticks up there right now. Haven't even logged in here in a couple of weeks.

Just made a deal with family of family for a supposedly hardly used 22t gas splitter for $250. He even got it running and ran a couple of test splits for me. 👍

Once we get moved and settled I need to rebuild our boardwalks, clear a spot for a pole shed, and clean up a bunch of knocked down and dead tree's; besides finishing the rest of the interior of the cabin. And I told the missus I might get a part time job if I can't find any good real estate investment opportunities...
For 250 bucks even if you put some money into it, that's a great deal.

Congrats on moving, it sounds like you'll be busy.

Reactions: NickW
Spent this morning bucking up the log delivery I got last week. View attachment 326905
With a full time job, I only get the weekends to do any firewood processing. Here of late it’s rained at least one weekend day for the past few months. This past weekend I was lucky enough to finally finish splitting and stacking g this load of Ash. Came to about 1 1/2 cords.

With all this rain my grass has never looked better though and I was able to cut that Friday evening after work. The yard has definitely been an undertaking since moving into this home 6 years ago. Here are two before and after pictures of what my front and back yard looked like before moving in and what they look like now.
Work Done 2024
Work Done 2024

I remember when we finally had three years worth of firewood (based on 12 face cord of hardwood per year) in the inventory, I thought that "wood" make me stop but nope.

And then because we had a bunch of dead pine, I talked the wife into burning softwood, that started out at 6 face cord per year but the bugs keep killing the pines along with some clearing we did for a new garage in 2018 so we upped that to 12 face cord per year....it never ends. ==c
My biggest dilemma is that I can’t store anymore without pissing off my wife lol she doesn’t want our backyard “filled” with wood. It is not, by no means. I could easily fit a few more cords or even a little more and still have to a ton of room for the kids to play and what not

Last edited: